Health and social care training is a subscription service. This page covers what is included in subscription, how to subscribe, the types of subscription packages and how the pricing works.
Content and support
Health and social care training consists of 91 high quality learning resources across 19 units; ranging from videos, guides, infographics and interactive learning materials. All mandatory NVQ level 2 and 3, SVQ level 5 and 6 health and social care units are covered, with additional units in the learning difficulties and dementia pathways. Links to the curriculum, learning outcomes and there is explicit comprehensive coverage of the latest National Occupational Standards (NOS).
How to subscribe
Health and social care training is available via subscription if you are:
Types of subscription
These are the types of subscription, which are administered through Jisc collections.
- Standard price subscription – full-price subscription without discount. This type of subscription is available
- Trialists discount – organisations who subscribe to health and social care training after being on the beta or 60 day trial, will benefit from a 20% discount on pricing for academic year 2018/2019. This type of subscription is available
- 60 day trial – for 60 days you can try the service for free, explore the full catalogue of resources and discover how the service works. This type of subscription is available
Steps to subscribe
- Check that you meet the pre-requisites (listed above)
- Choose your type of subscription
- Visit the appropriate Jisc collections page (options listed above)
- Sign in to Jisc collections; if you don’t have a Jisc collections account, contact your Jisc account manager to sign up.
- Return to the appropriate Jisc collections page
- Select ‘pricing and subscription information’ tab
- Read the ‘licence terms document’ and the ‘detailed pricing document’
- Return to the overview tab
- Select the red ‘subscribe now’ button below the subscription title
- Proceed to purchase the agreement for the account – this is only available for accounts authorised to purchase on behalf of the organisation
- The primary contact on your Jisc collections account will receive a confirmation email with access details for the service
- Access to the resources on healthandsocialcare.jisc.ac.uk will be available, staff and students will be able to login using their organisations log in details.
How pricing works
Price differs depending on which subscription type you choose, what your banding is and what time of year you subscribe.
All organisations using the Jisc collections negotiation and licensing service are allocated a Jisc band.
The Jisc banding model determines subscription fees for most of the online resources in the Jisc collections catalogue. All Jisc institutional members, including further and higher education institutions, specialist colleges and Research Councils in the UK are ranked into one of ten Jisc Bands for their sector. Further information about banding is here.
Subscriptions last until the end of the academic year (31/07/##) so the months of the academic year that have passed at the point of subscription are deducted from the cost.
For further discussion on prices please contact your account manager.