After many months work I’m delighted to announce that Health and Social Care has launched today.
Thanks to all those who have been involved. Key features include:
- The service is available for all UK FE and Skills Jisc members
- There are 90 quality resources mapped to Health and Social Care NVQ/SVQ Level 2-3 curriculums and adhere with the latest National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- These resources can be trusted; they were created and validated by professional content creators and subject specialists
- All resources include videos, guides, infographics, games, quizzes and learning activities
- Videos have text embedded or closed caption subtitles
- Guides, infographics and videos all have transcripts available for download
- Guides and infographics can be printed and downloaded. Downloaded files expire at the end of each term, but will be available to redownload
- The site has improved discoverability; you can search on resource type, qualification and level, subject and unit
- The site is mobile friendly so resources can be used anywhere, anytime
Tell us what you think
We’re keen to gain feedback on what you think from users and make service improvements to the service. The service is free in 2018 and will become a subscription service in 2019. We would love to have your input and on the new resources and the site as a whole, please email email@example.com with any feedback, comments or questions.
Thank you and goodbye!
I’d like to pass on my sincerest thanks to Pete (Collins) and his team. Without them this launch would not have been possible.
A special thanks must also go out to the team at Virtual College, particularly Matthew Buckmaster and his team who played a critical role in ensuring that the content is relevant, accurate and engaging.